Thu, Sep 01|
Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class- September 2022
(COMPLETELY ONLINE- Fast Track 4-week class) First class Thursday, September 1 5:30pm-8:30pm Last class Thursday, September 29 5:30pm-8:30pm
Time & Location
Sep 01, 2022, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM PDT
About This Series
Get empowered with a childbirth class you and your partner will LOVE!
This series starts on Thursday, September 1 from 5:30pm-8:30pm (PT). The last class is held on Thursday, September 29 5:30pm-8:30pm. The 3 classes in beween will be held on the same day of the week at the same time unless another date/time is agreed upon as a class on the first day.
Are you looking for a childbirth class that gives you the flexibility of learning online, but also the support and encouragement from an instructor? When you take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you will:
- Receive mentorship from your own Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, Shalin Butterworth.
- Learn about evidence-based care, comfort measures, and advocacy.
By taking the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class, you and your partner will learn the evidence for your birth options and you’ll get to meet online with an experienced instructor and other parents who are on their journey through pregnancy and birth just like you! This hybrid class format allows you to access quality evidence-based materials online, when it works with your schedule, with the added benefit of live classes, mentorship, and engaging activities! This class is limited to only 6 couples.
Completely Online Class
- All 5 of our live classes will be held online through Zoom.
- For the weekly online learning portion, you and your partner will watch class videos on your computer or phone and complete activities in your very own workbook.
- You’ll have live access to your Instructor during 5 Zoom sessions (video chat). We’ll pick the dates/times for our online meetings during our first in-person session.
- You will be able to optimize your experience with mentorship from Shalin Butterworth, Certified Doula, Lactation Educator Counselor, and EBB® Instructor.
- You will gain access to a PDF and video library loaded with the most up to date evidence on topics like Eating and Drinking During Labor, Vitamin K, Due Dates, Pitocin for the Third Stage and so much more.
- BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos
- BONUS: Free Understanding Postpartum Health+Baby Care AND Understanding Your Newborn web app course from Injoy Health Education. Enjoy research-based content and how-to videos that concisely present postpartum recovery care, baby care basics, and warning signs, in a way that’s engaging and effective.
- BONUS: Access to a password-protected webpage that is packed with supplemental materials to help you prepare and remember what you learned as you get closer to birth.
- BONUS: All couples receive a special invitation to sign on with So Zen's Parent Mentoring Service. This includes 24/7 access to Shalin after the series is complete through your birth experience to ask a question, get a 2nd opinion, question if you should call your provider for a certain symptom, review the evidence on any intervention, get a reminder of alternatives to suggested interventions, and help with advocacy language. This affordable offer is not available to the general public, it is only available to families who have completed my EBB® Childbirth Class.
What is Included in this Childbirth Class?
Each registration ticket includes 5 Zoom video chats with Instructor Shalin and classmates, access to your lessons online at the Evidence Based Birth® Academy, a PDF library, and a workbook.
In this class, we focus on three pillars of an empowered, positive birth experience: comfort, evidence, and advocacy. These are the topics we’ll cover that will help you and your birth partner prepare for birth!
- How your Partner can be your Advocate
- Evidence Based Care
- Overcoming Fears and Anxieties
- Comfort Measures
- Stages of Labor
- Navigating the Healthcare System
- Providers (Models of Care)
- Communicating with Hospital Staff
- Know your Rights
- Pain Relief
- Labor Rehearsal
- Postpartum Discussion
- Newborn Procedures
- Baby Care
Will I learn how to have an unmedicated birth?
Evidence Based Birth® believes that every person has their own unique path. Instead of focusing on medicated vs. unmedicated birth, we focus on giving you tools and helping you learn the evidence, so that you can be empowered to make your own decisions! We do have a strong emphasis on non-drug comfort measures, because they have no side effects and can be used by everyone, whether or not you plan to use medications.
At the end of this class, you will have all the tools you need to create your ultimate labor and birth experience. If your goal is an unmedicated birth, this class will give you the relaxation and pain management tools you need to accomplish your goal. If you choose an epidural or cesarean, we’ll cover how you can feel empowered that way, too!
***One ticket is good for both the pregnant parent and their chosen support person.***
Childbirth Education Package- $325
- Complete 5-class series
- Digital download of the EBB workbook
- 3 months exclusive access to Evidence Based Birth® Parent Dashboard
- BONUS Free Courses: Understanding Postpartum Health + Baby Care PLUS Understanding Your Newborn web app courses from Injoy!
- Access to a password-protected resource page packed with information and free downloads to compliment your learning experience.
ADD ON a hardcopy, spiral-bound workbook for $15.
ADD ON an additional 3 months (6 months total) of exclusive access to the Evidence Based Birth® Parent Dashboard for $15.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO ENSURE PERSONALIZED ATTENTION! The maximum number is 6 couples! This class will likely sell out.
What if these classes don't work for me. Do you offer private sessions?
Yes! Private sessions are available. The fee for a private series is $550. Receive one-on-one guidance on a schedule that you decide. This option includes everything in the Standard Package. Please email Shalin@sozenbirthservices.com for details.
If you have any questions or you are interested in auditing a class as a birth professional, please email Shalin@sozenbirthservices.com.
Standard Class Package
- Complete 5-class series - Digital download of the EBB® Childbirth Class Workbook - 3 months exclusive access to Evidence Based Birth® Parent Dashboard -BONUS- Free Understanding Postpartum Health+Baby Care AND Understanding Your Newborn web app courses from Injoy Health Education.
Hardcopy Workbook Upgrade
Upgrade to a spiral-bound, hardcopy workbook delivered to your door.
Parent Dashboard Upgrade +$15
Upgrade to 3 additional months (6 months total) of access to the EBB® parent dashboard.